The new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure – the fascination of travel and touring in a new dimension of engine power.
For more than 35 years, the boxer engine in the BMW Motorrad GS models has stood for distinctive, powerful and reliable propulsion when it comes to setting off on an extended tour or a long-distance journey – or simply enjoying the satisfying pleasure of a short weekend trip. For more than 25 years, BMW Motorrad has used four-valve technology in this connection, combined with electronic fuel injection and closed-loop catalytic converter technology in order to achieve the best possible power and torque delivery, efficiency and environmental compatibility.
Further advanced boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam Technology for an additional increase in power across the entire engine speed range, reduced emission and fuel consumption levels, optimised running smoothness and refinement.
With the extensively further advanced boxer engine, the new R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure not only achieves a whole new level of power and torque. It was also possible to significantly optimise refinement and running smoothness – especially within the lower engine speed range. What is more, the new engine offers improved emission and fuel consumption levels as well as a particularly satisfying sound.
For this purpose, BMW ShiftCam Technology has been used for the first time in the serial production of BMW Motorrad engines: this enables variation of the valve timings and valve stroke on the intake side. In addition, the intake camshafts are designed for asynchronous opening of the two intake valves, resulting in enhanced swirl of the fresh, incoming mixture and therefore more effective combustion. Other technical changes to the engine relate to the camshaft drive – now taken care of by a toothed chain (previously a roller chain) – an optimised oil supply, twin-jet injection valves and a new exhaust system.
Two riding modes, ASC and Hill Start Control, as standard.
There are two riding modes available as standard in order to be able to adapt the motorcycle to individual rider preferences. The standard Automatic Stability Control ASC ensures a high level of riding safety due to the best possible traction. The set-off assistant Hill Start Control is likewise a standard feature in both models, enabling convenient set-off on slopes.
Riding Modes Pro, featuring additional riding modes, Dynamic Traction Control DTC, ABS Pro, Hill Start Control Pro and Dynamic Brake Assistant DBC (new).
“Riding Modes Pro” is now available as a standard equipment item, featuring the additional riding mode “Dynamic” and “Dynamic Pro” (configurable), Dynamic Traction Control DTC, and in the R 1250 GS Adventure also the riding modes “Enduro” and “Enduro Pro” (configurable). DTC enables even more efficient and safe acceleration, especially when banking. ABS Pro offers greater safety under braking, even in a banking position.
The new Dynamic Brake Control DBC provides additional safety when braking, also in difficult situations, by avoiding unintentional accelerator activation. By means of intervention in the engine control, drive torque is reduced during braking so as to make full use of the braking power at the rear wheel. This keeps the motorcycle stable and shortens the braking distance.
Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA “Next Generation” with fully automatic load compensation as standard.
With BMW Motorrad Dynamic ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment) “Next Generation”, damping automatically adapts to a situation according to the riding state and manoeuvres, and there is also automatic compensation in all load states. This allows finely tuned adaptation of the motorcycle to riding states, achieving optimum damping comfort and a very stable ride response.
LED headlamp and LED daytime riding light for both models.
The new R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure now feature a LED headlamp and LED daytime riding light as standard.
Connectivity: multifunctional instrument cluster with 6.5-inch fullcolour TFT screen and numerous features as standard.
The new boxer models now have the equipment feature Connectivity as standard including a 6.5-inch full-colour TFT screen.
In conjunction with the standard BMW Motorrad Multi-Controller, this means the rider can access vehicle and connectivity functions particularly swiftly and conveniently.
New attractive colours and style variants.
The new R 1250 GS showcases its travel and off-road prowess in two modern basic finishes and two striking style variants. The new R 1250 GS Adventure features one basic paint finish, as well as two style variants.
An overview of the highlights of the new BMW R 1250 GS and BMW R 1250 GS Adventure:
- Further developed boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam Technology for variation of the valve timings and valve stroke on the intake side.
- Even more power across the entire engine speed range, optimised fuel consumption and emission levels, increased running smoothness and refinement.
- Increased output and torque: 100 kW at 7 750 rpm and 143 Nm at 6 250 rpm (previously: 92 kW at 7 750 rpm and 125 Nm at 6 500 rpm).
- Capacity increased to 1 254 cc (previously: 1 170 cc).
- Asynchronous valve opening on the intake side for optimised swirl and therefore more effective combustion.
- Camshaft drive now via toothed chain (previously roller chain)
- Optimised oil supply and piston base cooling.
- Knock sensor system for optimised travel suitability.
- Latest generation of BMS-O engine control and use of twin-jet injection valves for even more effective carburetion.
- New exhaust system for optimum performance characteristics.
- Two riding modes, ASC and Hill Start Control as standard.
- Riding Modes Pro, featuring additional riding modes, Dynamic Traction Control DTC, ABS Pro, Hill Start Control Pro and Dynamic Brake Assistant DBC, available as standard, dependent on the selected package.
- Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA “Next Generation” with fully automatic load compensation.
- In addition to standard adjustability of seat height (exception: HP style for both the R 1250 GS and 1250 GS Adventure), wide range of seat height variants ex works.
- LED headlamp and LED daytime riding light as standard for both models.
- Connectivity: multifunctional instrument cluster with 6.5-inch full-colour TFT screen and numerous features as standard.
- Extended range of standard equipment items.
- R 1250 GS Adventure with new body features such as black-grained lid for storage compartment with embossed GS logo, trim for the intake snorkel, radiator trim with electroplated look, tank bracket and engine protection bars adapted to the design of the body frame.
R 1250 GS
Full Spec R263.000,00
Style Exclusive R265.700,00
Style HP R275.000,00
R 1250 GS Adventure
Full Spec R288.900,00
Style Exclusive R297.400,00
Style HP R299.500,00